Synthesis Essay Examples, Format, Outline: All You Need to Know to Write a Good Synthesis Paper!
All essays are quite similar to each other, but have several particularities. If you need to create synthesis paper, you should use relevant advices in this sphere. But firstly start with the definition of synthesis paper.
In academic writing synthesis essay means a combination of things to explain the general idea. As a result such paper looks like a mix of different points in one place to describe exact topic. So the paper consists of combined thesis statements, which have common basis.
But it is not simple at all and have numerous requirements. For instance, formatting, content, title, etc. That's why the author should pay attention to every detail from the topic to findings in conclusion. If you really want to write a high quality synthesis essay, you need to concern on the deep research. Everything matters here: good sources, writing skills, proper structure, etc. Thanks to such things the author will be able to write several basic thesis and build the rest of writings on them.
How Do You Write a Good Synthesis Essay?
The only way to create really awesome synthesis paper is to follow expert recommendations. Forget about your self-confidence in own powers and let professionals give you useful advices. Be sure, that with writing essay according to relevant structure you can reach your student goals.
Here are 5 main steps in synthesis essay creation:
- Pick up a topic. There are a lot of theme options to create a synthesis essay. Usually people write about social topics, such as death penalty, minimum salary, gun issue, global warming. You may use any other topic which is relevant to your sphere and discipline. It is very important to pick up actual and valuable idea.
- Find enough information to use in essay. The author will use such sources to make a basis blueprint and fill it with own thoughts. Professional authors recommend gathering only fresh books and articles which have been published in recent 1-10 years. Notice, that you need to collect more materials, than you really need for writing. The bad thing is several of them may seem weak and not relevant to use, so you will better ignore them.
- Prepare the structure of the synthesis essay. It should contain all questions you are going to share. The best way to make paper structured is to write outline. No matter the size of your essay, such plan will definitely help in writing. Besides, this draft allows writer being more attentive and don't miss any important issue.
- Create thesis statements. Your thesis statements are the base of synthesis paper. Usually it is enough to create several of them, and build all other text around these phrases. So don't be lazy and pay more attention to this stage to avoid situation of wasting time on meaningless writing.
- Write all parts of your essay. You must collect all your thesis statements and ideas to make magic: transform several sentences into awesome paper. You need to follow your plan with detailed structure and use traditional recommendations in writing introduction, main part, and findings.
- Proofread your synthesis essay. This is a traditional stage for writing all academic and commercial papers. Even if you are a cool author with great experience in writing synthesis papers, you can't be sure in own attention. When you write, delete, and rewrite sentences all the time during last several days, you really become blind in searching mistakes, misprints, and other trash.
What is a Synthesis Paper Format?
When it goes about proper formatting, the author can use any proper one according to his desires or university requirements. It could be MLA, APA, Harvard, Chicago, Oxford, IEEE, etc. Usually the exact style depends on the field. For instance, MLA is often used for Humanities, Chicago for History, Fine Arts, Business, and so on.
Synthesis paper format matches the traditional academic paper structure. As a result it consists of 3 main parts: introduction, main part and body. Keep them logic, informative and interesting for readers.
In general there are 9-10 paragraphs in synthesis essay to describe the topic. And each paragraph usually contains 5 sentences.
How Do You Start an Introduction for a Synthesis Essay?
Introduction includes several sentences which open your essay for readers. You should start it with hook, add relevant thesis statements, present the topic. Remember, that you have only one chance to make first impression with your synthesis paper on target audience.
How Do You Write a Body Paragraph for a Synthesis Essay?
The main part contains paragraphs with detailed explanations of your thesis statements, which were mentioned in the introduction. Add your arguments and facts, support them with citing different resources and writing own points of view. Make the body briefly, but each paragraph should be bounded with previous one.
How to Write a Conclusion Paragraph for a Synthesis Essay?
If you need to explain your topic in previous part, then conclusion should contain the final summary. Add there main points and briefly explain them.
Synthesis essay ap lang
Synthesis essay example
Synthesis essay outline
Synthesis paper sample
What is an Example of a Synthesis Essay?
Synthesis paper examples are real papers which have been written according to all rules and requirements by successful students. Such essay have already gone through the professor's checkout and bring high mark to author. That is why such documents are very precious to new writers. You can find there relevant help and see by yourself how to make exact parts of the paper.
Also you may use additional important tips in making synthesis essay:
- write in third person tone;
- use only relevant information;
- cite all mentioned sources;
- add transitions between different paragraphs;
- make draft with corrections and further clean copy;
- write with logic structure.
You can use a ready synthesis essay as the base of your future paper. Many students know this tip and pray for its useful meaning. Watch the following examples of synthesis paper and get more knowledge for free. It is said that such samples will be very helpful for students of all degrees!